Ferrocement Educational Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
June 23, 2017, 07:41:30 PM

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Need a Book on Ferrocement?
Check out the BOOK REVIEWS on the FEN Website
2835 Posts in 448 Topics by 583 Members
Latest Member: componentfreak
* Home Help Search Calendar ArchivesFEN Home Login Register
Ferrocement Educational Forum  |  Ferrocement Discussions  |  Other Examples  |  Topic: Inspired Ferro « previous next »
Pages: [1] Print
Author Topic: Inspired Ferro  (Read 8786 times)
Green Dog

« on: June 15, 2011, 12:21:34 AM »

Hey Y'all,

Check this work out on youtube.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BHwPEcl__gU&feature=related

Enjoy

Hydration is the answer.
Chris Glasspool
global Moderator 2

« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2011, 09:27:24 AM »

They made it look so simple! Thanks for sharing this.

chris
philb

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2011, 09:36:46 PM »

Good video. Thanks for sharing.

Can you imagine trying to make the formwork for a concrete pour from wood on this project?

I have been searching for "ferrocement" for a few years when I should have been googling "ferrocemento" . There's much more on the subject. Here's a video showing cistern construction that caught my eye. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jKwIoFr6Ln8&feature=related It's also in Spanish, but worth a look.
Benjamin

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2014, 01:33:23 PM »

My theory on the Mexican Ferrocement is that they must have many more DIY home builders then we do. Couple the DIY attitude with low entry cost of Ferrocemento and you can get started building right away. I guess it also helps not having such restrictive building codes. I like watching videos on alternative construction methods and one thing they all seem to have in common is a philosophy that for the majority of human existence people knew how to build and maintain there own homes. No one had to go to school to learn how its done or read books on it, they just grew up around it and though osmosis, absorbed enough that by the time they got old enough to need there own home they could build one themselves with a little community support.   

Do you ever feel that building codes aren't to protect us from builders but to instead prevent us from attempting our own home builds. I some times feel like its a conspiracy. I look around and see that no one is building starter homes and everything starts well above $100,000 in price. Are we being trained to accept the fact that we are going to pay mortgages for the rest of our lives.  Why can't I find a $50,000 house and a 10 year note, or better a $10,000 dollar lot and build my own structure.

Are we as free as our Latin counter parts who can build what ever they want and probably don't have property taxes?
Pages: [1] Print 
Ferrocement Educational Forum  |  Ferrocement Discussions  |  Other Examples  |  Topic: Inspired Ferro « previous next »
Jump to: